These guidelines must be followed if you wish to use the NEST name and logo; to assure that NEST is not legally responsible for these community events; and to ensure that these events are produced in a manner that supports our reputation.
A fundraising event or appeal can be defined as any fundraising initiative by an individual, group, or business unaffiliated with NEST.
- Events or appeals that conflict in any way with our mission or other program priorities will not be approved.
- Organisers must secure their own necessary insurance and permits.
- If alcohol will be served at your event, you must comply with your region’s applicable laws.
- Laws regarding events or appeals that involve gambling differ from regions. It is the Organiser’s responsibility to ensure that the event complies with regional laws. Tickets purchased for gambling activities are not tax deductible.
- All community events to benefit NEST must follow all applicable laws and fundraising policies including laws regarding tax deductions. Not all participants qualify for a tax deduction. Please contact a tax professional or attorney for more information.
- Vending agreements and cause marketing must display signage that clearly states what percentage (or amount) of the sales price will be donated to NEST. Cause marketing is the sale of products or services that state or imply that NEST will benefit from a consumer sale or transaction. The wording of cause marketing signage and promotion materials must be approved in advance by NEST, and must include; the portion of the purchase price that will benefit NEST; the duration of the campaign; any maximum or guaranteed minimum contribution amount. NEST will not sign an exclusive agreement with a single vendor/donor.
- NEST cannot guarantee representatives’ attendance at events.
- NEST generally does not approve promotions in which our representatives sell goods. Any exceptions must be explicitly pre-approved.
- Fundraising groups must use our logo in a way that promotes our positive image, and must not display the logo without our prior approval. Organizers must submit a draft of any promotional material (i.e., poster, t-shirt, flyer) to NEST.
- All events should have a financial goal.
- NEST will not reimburse expenses incurred in the production of the event.
- NEST does not release to third parties the names, addresses, or phone numbers of NEST donors or prospects.
- Organisers must have a definite plan when collecting donations at the event. To ensure that donors receive receipts for their donations, complete and submit the Fundraising Tracking Form to NEST. Remember to be very clear about how funds will be generated for NEST before and during the event, i.e., “$10 of every ticket sold will be donated to NEST”.