Caring for Northland since 1988
Fast Facts about NEST
- NEST is a non-profit registered charity. The Northland community are the proud owners of NEST.
- The Board of Trustees comprises various representatives from the Northland community.
- All NEST helicopters are secure, high-speed vessels that have the capability to fly up to 724 kilometres in a single trip.
- One third of operations are at night. Night vision goggles allow pilots to see clearly during these rescues.
- All S-76 flights are operated with two pilots. This coupled with IFR (instrument flight rated) capability enables them to fly safely, even in extreme conditions.
- Winches are equipped in two of the S-76’s which provide additional rescue options to pilots.
- Dedicated, specialised ambulance and hospital crews maintain the highest standards of patient care and adhere to best practice intensive care guidelines.
- Pilots and flight crews receive ongoing training in all of their areas of responsibility, including extensive flight simulator safety training.
- NEST has carried more than 17,000 patients to date.