The ‘Promoter’ is Northland Emergency Services Trust (NEST). ‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
- all NEST employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
- These Promotion Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to the Northland Rescue Helicopter Annual Appeal Envelope Official Donation Form run on behalf of Northpower and Top Energy.
- Entry is limited to one per person only.
- Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and the Specific Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority to enter the Promotion.
- A donation of $10 or more in the official Northland Rescue Helicopter appeal envelope is necessary to participate in the Promotion.
- The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
- NEST reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
- Entrants can win one of seven rides in the helicopter, or one in ten helicopter simulator experiences.
- The helicopter ride is a twenty-minute return flight from Whangarei Airport, shared with six other winners.
- There are two simulator experiences for an hour each shared with four other winners, giving each winner ten minutes at the controls and the remainder of the hour sitting in the back of the helicopter simulator.
- Helicopter ride participants must be able to step up approx. 45cm (18 inches) and then pull themselves into helicopter with minimal help.
- The minimum age to fly the simulator is 12, however children can sit in the back of the simulator while being taken for a flight.
- Winners agree to follow instructions from the pilots and will comply with CAA rules at all times.
- Dates of the helicopter and simulator rides will be notified in writing or by email.
- NEST reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who NEST decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Specific Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion.
- By participating, entrants grant NEST exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
Winning the Prize
- Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (the ‘Winner’).
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the judge (the ‘Judge’).
- The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text), mail or in person and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by NEST. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (e.g. when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another winner. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry.)
- The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. Other family members and friends can be nominated on the Winner’s behalf.
- If the Winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian must accompany the Winner or give their prior written consent to the award of the Prize.
- The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies NEST in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize. Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
- NEST reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
- NEST takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to misspelling, Force Majeure or otherwise.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law NEST will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
- Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside NEST control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, NEST has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
- Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.